Monday, October 10, 2011

Birthday girl party post.

This little girl is so many things. She opinionated, and strong willed, and beautiful, and adventurous, and hard to win over. She loves orange, animals, movies, Monkey Joe's, ice cream, playing and learning, and her new piano. She's changed from a girly, tiny princess to a more rough and tumble kid who'd rather not be in pink nail polish. She is sure of who she is. And who she is is so freaking amazing. I mean, this kid rocks. She's seriously cool and teaches me new things about who I am , and who I'd like to be. She's made me a mama, made me better. She helped me begin my life in a way that mattered. The day she came  five years ago was the first day of our lives together. Her face seemed like the first one I'd ever seen before. Suddenly, her voice was the only one I'd ever heard. I lived for this kid, and wondered what I did until she came along. I guess I just did a bunch of stuff while I waited for my girl. This little girl is an open book... she's not afraid to tell you what she expects, what she needs, and what she wants. That takes some people their whole lives to learn how to do, am I right? Her story will be big, and even though it's only beginning, the blank pages are filling up with lovely memories of a girl who fiercely protects her baby brother, thinks her Daddy hung the moon, and who is mama's sidekick. She loves her doggy, says she's going to be a doctor and a Colts cheerleader, and wants to spend every day at home rather than school. Regan baby, the fact that you are mine blows my mind. I dreamed you, I imagined you, And then I got you. That my dear, has made these past five years the best of my life. I hope I am doing right by you because I am helping write your story. I hope you look back on the first five years of your life you will remember love. Everyday I worry that there was more I could have done in order for your story to come together more perfectly. So, I suppose as long as you have felt loved, it's a happy story that will surely have a happy ending. Happy birthday baby girl. You tell me all the time that you will be my baby, even when you're a grown up. I sure hope you mean that. I can not believe you are 5 already. You make me the proudest mama.

To celebrate the big 5, we had a crazy fun pool party on a warm, Sunday evening. There were cannon balls, cupcakes, presents, friends, family, and a happy little lady. She was so excited to swim with all of her friends since she is an awesome swimmer now and wanted to show her "moves." I swear she said that. We rented out our private pool, I made the beach cupcakes, and together we made the goody bags. It was beach themed and definitely a night to remember.  






 A few friends before the party started!
I love this picture of our friend, J! 




 A shot of the pool before everyone got there!


We have got a good looking group of friends and family, I tell you. 

Look how happy she is. 


 Melt my heart!


Yes, all of my friends are super models. 
Ring around the Rosie.



Amber is at her post. Every party she helps my kids open their presents while I take pictures. Who knows where Mike is?

Happy birthday sweet girl. You are 5, and you are so loved by so many. 





No comments:

Post a Comment