Thursday, May 10, 2012

Things I know tonight.

Things I know tonight:

I am enjoying the YMCA more than I ever have lately. I'm scared. I have done 9 miles in 6 days.



Now, both kids have been diagnosed with cough variant asthma. Pitiful.

 

My dog needs groomed because he smells like crap.
My house is messy. May is busy.
I need to get my hair highlighted. It's sort of looking ombre but not on purpose.
Tyler still loves coyotes.
The kids start tennis in a few weeks and are excited.
Regan only has seven more school days.

The kids enjoyed a library story and craft class at the library today and made little paper flowers.



 

Tyler is starting to become more interested in letters lately. And, I signed him up for basketball at the Y today. I smile just thinking of him being in a basketball class.

I got up an hour before my kids today and read/chugged coffee, and I liked it. The Happiness Project is genius.



My kids love to fish with their Daddy.

Regan learned how to do a roundoff at tumbling tonight. She is a master at them.


Regan's Mother's Day Tea was yesterday. They served us tea, brunch, made little MOM pins with beads for us to wear, and sang a song about their mommies to the tune of the Oscar Meyer Weiner theme. I just about lost my mind. I swear I can't control myself at these things. The cuteness is just too much for this mama to handle.
























Regan likes her hair wavy now, so we braid it at night.



Sister had a softball game last night. She had lots of hits and scored some runs. Of course, I beamed, and cheered, and promised myself to never forget her as this little tiny girl playing a big sport and being strong and brave. After her game, we found a giant moth and took a wagon ride to the pond to feed it to the fish.



















I love my neighborhood, my neighbors, and my best friend/college roommate/sorority sister who lives 5 houses down.


I like Thai cold noodle salad. Lots of friends asked for the recipe... (credit: Harper's Happenings blog)



box of rice noodles
1 cucumber
1 tomato
shredded carrots
cilantro


Cook noodles according to box. Mine took 2 minutes! Chop up the other ingredients. 

Dressing:

1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp olive oil
juice from one lime
red pepper flakes to taste
salt and pepper to taste

Mike and I have date night on Saturday night. He asked what I wanted to do. I said, "Eat."





















That's probably why things like this happen. 


That is all. Keep calm and carry on....

No comments:

Post a Comment