Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My guy is almost two.

 Where did this little 6 month old go?!?! I miss him!!

My baby will be two in about two weeks. I have no idea how this happened really, considering he was just born. :) It's amazing to me how two years can go so quickly yet so incredibly slowly. It's like running a full sprint each day, but then as you replay it back in your mind the images are in slow motion. Each moment either seems like it lasted forever, like the nights of fever, and tears, and sickness and rocking him to sleep and praying for sleep. Or, the moments seems like they lasted only a split second. They were quick. Those "baby days" sure were fleeting. What I wouldn't give to have my newborn back for just an hour to remember him. To breath him in again. To feel him small and helpless. To swaddle him, nurse him, play peek-a-boo with him, to see those first smiles and steps again. But, now he is almost two, and he is perfect. He is a mix of baby and big boy. I get "baby" when he is sick, or hurt, or tired, or feeling extra lovey. I get "big boy" during the day when he plays and runs and pretends he is Batman. He can do so many things now. He pretends he is sad and buries his face, and then pops up hysterically laughing. It's his first real joke that he made up, and we think it's hilarious. He loves all things Toy Story and super hero. He just learned to kick and wants to try it out on all of US!

Tyler, I am so proud to be your mama. You (and your sister) have taught me more about love and pride and joy and beauty than you will ever know. When we are at the library for story time, and you are rolling around on the floor while all of the other kids are listening to the book, I watch you and laugh. I always imagined what it would be like during our days together while Regan was at preschool. When Daddy and I first learned we were having a boy (A BOY!!!), I imagined what beautiful things we'd do together. And now, as it's here, it's as beautiful as I could have ever imagined. We just can't get enough of you, sweet boy. We are so proud of you and love you more than we could ever describe with words. And, while I will always miss the beginning days with you, I also look so forward to see what you will become. God has huge plans for you my boy. You are destined to do grand things. And we will be here every step of the way, cheering you on from the front row. (Probably a little too loudly as to embarrass you just a bit.)

I love you, baby boy. You will be my baby boy every single day of your life.

Some of the great things you are up to, just for the record: eating fruit, looking at books, Batman, Toy Story, loving school buses, trucks and airplanes and finding them as we are out and about, kicking, running and falling down on purpose (so funny), animals, starting to learn to count, aren't showing much interest in learning your colors, speaking a lot more, really great at brushing teeth, helps clean up, takes great naps from about 2pm to 5pm, goes to bed well around 8:45pm and sleeps until 8am, loves being outside, likes open gyms and trampolines, wears a 5 diaper, 8 shoe, and 2 or 3T shirt/pant, loves the iPad and iPhone, is VERY rough in play! That's my boy!

-Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment